Gone are the days when female hair transplant was not considered as a workable treatment. While men have been benefiting from hair transplant surgeries for more than six decades now, it was only recently that women were given a go ahead for surgical hair restoration. In this era of technological advancement, women are considered equally good candidates for hair transplant the reason why due to the increase demand of surgical hair restoration for women, we offer hair transplant for women in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, UAE and also Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait & entire Gulf.
Who is an ideal candidate?
Women generally suffer from diffused hair thinning, spread over the entire scalp. This makes donor area selection quite tricky for the surgeon and they are thus not considered ideal candidates for hair transplantation. However, a small percentage of women suffer from a detectable hair loss pattern, like their male counterparts and thus can be treated with surgical hair restoration. You are an ideal candidate for female hair transplant if:
- You have notable hairless patches on scalp
- You wish to regrow hair on or around a surgical scar
- You are struggling permanent hair loss caused by traction alopecia
- You want to cover hair loss caused by injury, trauma or burns
What is the aim of FUT hair transplant?
Like hair transplant for men, hair restoration in women also aims at boosting a woman’s self-confidence through enhanced and youthful look. This is achieved by:
- Relocating healthy, baldness resistant hair on the scalp
- Growing hair in bald patches caused by mechanical or traction alopecia
- Covering scars caused by trauma burns
What techniques are used for female hair transplant?
Extent of hair loss in women is way too mild as compared to their male counterparts, and thus they need significantly less number of donor grafts for transplantation. This is why they are not considered ideal candidates for the traditional strip method transplant. Two commonly used Female Hair Transplant techniques are:
- FUE Hair Transplant
- Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant
How to prepare for Female Hair Transplant?
Follow these tips to prepare well for the surgery and get the most out of it:
- Discontinue use of blood thinning medicines, if any, at least three weeks before transplant
- Quit smoking 2-3 weeks prior to the surgery
- Cut your alcohol and caffeine consumption a few days before surgery
- Get all the tests done and reports submitted at least 10 days before surgery
- Fill in your prescriptions well in advance
How the procedure is performed?
Following steps are involved in a Female Hair Transplant:
- Preparing donor area: Donor area is trimmed and marked for graft extraction.
- Local anesthesia (donor area): The next step is numbing the donor area with local anesthesia to make graft harvesting painless.
- Extraction of donor hair: Required number of donor grafts is harvested using either manual FUE Hair Transplant or Stem Cell FUE
- Preparing grafts: The technical staff carefully trims the harvested grafts to desired size under a stereo microscope
- Local anesthesia (recipient area): Once again local anesthesia is administered, to the recipient area this time, to make site creation and graft insertion virtually painless
- Preparing recipient site: After numbing the area the surgeon created tiny holes in the recipient area at specific angles, making sure the transplanted follicles are aligned with existing hair.
- Graft insertion: The surgeon carefully inserts the grafts into the incisions, making sure they reach the desired depth and do not pop out.
What to expect after FUT Hair Transplant?
Recovery after the procedure is a little time taking. Be patient as you recover from the surgery.
- A downtime of at least 2 days may be required
- You will be able to resume non-strenuous routine activities in 3-5 days at most
- Complete recovery will 3-5 months
- Transplanted hair will first shed and then regrow
- You will notice active hair regrowth from transplanted follicles after 5-6 months post transplant
- Full growth generally takes more than a year.
How to recover well after FUE Hair Transplant?
- Use cold compression to relieve post-procedural pain and discomfort
- Do not wash your scalp for 36 hours at least after surgery
- Avoid blood thinners and cigarettes for another 3
- Refrain from alcoholic and caffeinated beverages for at least 3 days after surgery
- Do not expose your scalp to direct sunlight for 3-4 weeks
- Do not touch, scrub, massage or scratch your scalp unnecessarily
How long the results will last?
Results of Female hair transplant in UAE, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf countries are life lasting. Since healthiest hairs from the balding resistant areas of the scalp redistributed into the thinning areas, they retain these properties even after relocation and do not fall out easily.
Best Clinic for Women Hair Transplant
If you are looking for the best quality hair restoration surgery then Hair Transplantation Dubai Clinic is the right option for you. The clinic offers female hair transplant at affordable cost in UAE as well as females from Saudi Arabia, Doha Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Oman and other countries are benefiting from our state of the art facilities.